Davidson, Randolph, Guilford, Forsyth, Alamance or Davie Counties for at least six (6) months by the date of our local pageant.
• Must be both female, single, never married or had a marriage annulled
• Must not now be and never have been pregnant.
• Must be of good moral character and in good health and have no criminal record
• Must be seventeen (17) years old and at least in the 12th grade of high school on the date of the pageant
• No older than twenty-four (25) years old on December 31, 2020
• Develop and promote a Community Service Platform (A service project that is of personal interest to each individual contestant)
* There is NO entry fee required to participate. Miss America has partnered with the Children's Miracle Network to develop a National Platform. Upon entry into the 2018 Miss Thomasville & Central Carolina Competition, each candidates required to raise a $100 donation to the Miss America National Platform; children's Miracle Network. A coandidate will NOT be allowed to compete if this requirement is not met before the date of the local pageant. Please visit http://missamerica-4kids.com/ to set up your individual Children's Miracle Network account.
Candidatess must compete in the following areas of competition:
Interview - (25%) - A 10 minutes private interview with the panel of judges. (9 1/2 minutes of questions from the judges and 30 seconds closing if you so choose)
Talent - 90 second maximum time limit on your talent presentation
Formal Wear - gown of your choice
On-Stage Question - you will be asked a platform related question